Gratitude is an immensely powerful force that we can use to expand our happiness, create loving relationships, and even improve our health. Moreover, of all the attributes one can develop, gratitude is most strongly associated with mental health.
Author and researcher Dr. Robert Emmons spent 8 years researching the power of gratitude and discovered that people who view life as a gift and consciously acquire an attitude of gratitude will experience multiple advantages.
“When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out, and the tide of love rushes in.” — Kristin Armstrong
When we allow ourselves to feel into the high vibration of gratitude, we experience an outpouring of appreciation from the heart that has the power to move us from a state of limitation and fear to one of expansion and love. Here are some of the amazing benefits that have been attributed to people who have an attitude of gratitude.
Benefits of Feeling Grateful
- Experience greater levels of joy and happiness
- Increased optimism about the future
- Increase self-esteem
- Gain an expanded capacity for forgiveness
- Get sick less often
- Have more energy, enthusiasm, determination, and focus
- Better sleep and awake feeling refreshed
- Build more emotional resilience
- Enjoy closer family ties
- Increased likeliness to help others and offer emotional support
- Experience fewer symptoms of stress
Gratitude brings our attention into the present, which is the only place where the magic of live unfolds. The deeper our appreciation, the more we see with the eyes of the soul and the more our life flows harmoniously with the creative power of the universe.
Simple Ways to Cultivate an Attitude of Gratitude
When we consciously practice being grateful for the people, situations and resources around us we begin to attract better relationships and results. The more we consciously choose to be grateful, the more our gratitude muscle will be strengthened and the easier it will become to sink into this feeling of appreciation.
Here are a few simple and powerful gratitude practices for you to try:
- Start your day off by cultivating a feeling of gratitude. Bring to mind 5 things that happened yesterday that you are grateful for. This can be anything!! Feel the appreciation for each one and let it fill your body. It is important to truly allow the feeling and high vibrational frequency of gratitude flood your entire body.
- As you go through your day, tune your awareness to seek out more things your are grateful for. How grateful can you be? The more you can be grateful throughout your day the more you will be living in the present moment which is truly all we really have and this is the space in which miracles unfold from.
- Replace judgements of others with a gift of gratitude for the person. This requires you to look at the person through a different filter. Ask yourself, what is the lesson in this experience and how can I grow from this? This expanded perspective creates space for gratitude. Even the things that seem to make us uncomfortable or frustrated can be gifts in disguise. It becomes a game to seek out the hidden blessings and greater lessons behind our experiences. When you can cultivate gratitude for things that may once have offset you, by choosing to embrace compassion, understanding, love and gratitude, you remain unshaken and peaceful. You stay in your flow.
The goal is to be actively living in a state of gratitude and thankfulness for all that is. From this place you will find yourself in a state of awe and amazement, seeing the beauty of it all, trusting the perfection of how life unfolds around us and through us and finding gratitude for every moment of this physical experience.
Gratitude is an attitude. Gratitude is a choice. Gratitude is a lifestyle. Choosing to radiate gratitude out in the world is a beautiful habit to implement into your daily life that is absolutely free and can offer so many beautiful benefits for your well-being.
What are you grateful for today?
We are so grateful for your support as we continue to dream and move forward with our mission to heal the water of the world with love and gratitude. Please recommend this post to someone you feel may be grateful to receive it!
Get your Bhavana GRATITUDE Bottle today to serve as a simple reminder that there is always something to be grateful for.